– EUROPEAN HIGH SCHOOL –
EUROPEAN PROJECT AND ITALIAN CULTURAL TRADITION
The course maintains all the qualities of a Linguistic High School and proposes paths studied with the world of work to offer a response consistent with the new requisites of professional preparation of the students with curricula in line with the standards set by the school systems of other European countries. The Legal-Economic course characterises the European Linguistic High School in view of the legal-economic and social-political transformative processes of a Europe that is ever more multi-ethnic, multicultural and multilingual. Since 2017 the accreditation as Cambridge International School has led to a further enhancement of the English language, in line with the IGCSE programmes.
- Enhance the sense of identity and values of European culture;
- Promote the learning of foreign languages and the economic and legal systems of the European Community to facilitate foreign economic and business relations;
- Provide the fundamental skills for an effective integration in the European social, political and professional life;
- Give an excellent humanistic education as well as a good knowledge of a second language (in addition to English);
- International education with students leaving school with IELTS certificates; with acknowledgement as “Cambridge International School” and with students who have passed IGCSE exams of English, Spanish, and History and A-Level English History;
- Obtain ECDL certificate.
- History taught entirely in English from the third year;
- In the first two years, CLIL (Content and Language integrated Learning) approach for learning geography (in English), in the three year period for economics (in English);
- Internships in English and Spanish speaking countries with experiences of school-work alternation;
- Participation in projects and competitions organised by the entities that issue certificates for foreign languages with the collaboration of mother tongue teachers;
- Cultural exchanges with European foreign schools;
- Computer lab and multimedia room.
- Several subjects studied in English, perfected through the collaboration with Cambridge to allow the students to take IGCSE exams in Spanish, English 2nd language, A Level History and the IELTS certificate on completing the course;
- Stimulate active participation in lessons and in the classroom in general;
- Encourage cooperation and teamwork;
- Perfect the skills of analysis, summary and critical thought;
- Organise meetings relating to the choice of University or insertion in the labour market.
|Law subjects and Economics||4||4||3+1||2+2||2+2|
|English 2nd language 1st *||4||4||4||4||4|
|Foreign Language. 2nd||4||4||4||4||4|
|History – Geography||1+1||1+1||–||–||–|
* Of which one hour from 1st and 4th in mother tongue to prepare for language certificate
- Internships in English and Spanish speaking countries;
- Cultural exchanges with foreign schools;
- Work and study method;
- Social networks and their correct use;
- Financial education.